This has been collated from various sources throughout the Internet.
As always, this is only intended to be a launching pad to get you started on the right track.
If you find this useful, please share and comment!
1. Introduce the protagonist (who feels incomplete)
2. Protagonist meets love interest but there is conflict
3. Characters are forced to spend time together
4. Characters’ goals are at cross purposes
5. Characters are bound together in a situation (sexual tension occurs)
6. Protagonist’s individual desire conflicts with the growing relationship
7. Crisis – shift to prioritize relationship ends in disaster
8. Climax – protagonist must make personal sacrifice for ultimately fulfilling relationship